What is the CISEC On-Line Training Program?
CISEC, Inc. and IECA have teamed together to develop a CISEC Inspector On-Line Training Program that emulates the existing In-Person program. Now, the nationwide CISEC Training Modules for inspectors of sediment and erosion control and storm water management are available anytime and anywhere through IECA.
What Material is in the On-Line Program?
The CISEC, Inc. On-Line Program material is the same as what is presented with our In-Person Program. Specifically, the training modules cover the following topics:
Module 1: EPA Information
- Clean Water Act
- EPA’s worksheets and issues
- Reviewing EPA’s 2017 CGP
- Important information for inspectors
- Permittee and designer requirements
- Inspector obligations and requirements
- Inspection and corrective actions and reports
- Training requirements
Module 2: Background Material
- Topographic Assessments
- A Primer on Hydrology
- Information about Polymer Systems
- Critical Inspector Background Requirements
- SWPPPs and BMPs
- Recognizing limitations
- CISEC Code of Ethics
- Understanding a SWPPP
- Understanding S&EC Drawings
Module 3: Inspecting BMPs
- Understanding the Phases of Construction
- Conducting, Writing, and Assessing Inspection Reports
- Inspecting Construction Site BMPs
- Types and methods
- Check structures
- Inlet and area drain structures
- Turbidity structures
- Sediment Containment Systems
- Stabilized construction entrances
- Erosion control practices
- Structural methods
- RECPs, ECBs, and TRMs
- Polymer systems
- Wind/Dust control methods
- Concrete washouts
- Hazardous and waste materials
Module 4: Conducting Inspections
- Inspection Requirements and Responsibilities
- Report Requirements
- BMP Maintenance
- Working with Contractors and Clients
- Virtual Inspection of a Construction Site
- Scenario No. 1: During grading conditions
- Scenario No. 2: During construction conditions
It is now feasible to take the CISEC intermediate level training modules at home, office, trailer, or in your favorite coffee shop. The On-Line program allows you to skip sections, select specific topics, stop and return to the presentation at a later time, or review selective material to enhance your background. In other words, you control the learning pace of the training modules to prepare for the CISEC Certification examination while minimizing your costs.
What are the Costs for the Modules?
There are two ways you can purchase the CISEC, Inc. On-Line training program material. You can either purchase the modules individually or all four at the following costs:
- Module 1 (two parts): IECA Member: US$ 120, Non-Member: US$132
- Module 2 (one part): IECA Member: US$ 60, Non-Member: US$65
- Module 3 (three parts): IECA Member: US$ 180, Non-Member: US$192
- Module 4 (two parts): IECA Member: US$ 120, Non-Member: US$132
- Modules 1, 2, 3, & 4 (eight parts) : Member: US$ 340, Non-Member: US$360
Enrollment into the CISEC On-Line training modules is a simple task by going to http://ieca.learnercommunity.com/ and following the easy instructions. After enrollment, registrants have one month to complete the CISEC training modules.
Will the CISEC Certification Exam be offered On-Line?
NO. It is CISEC, Inc.'s goal to provide a professional inspector certification program that allows participants to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge
- Essential skills
- An ability to inspect
- An ability to communicate and report
CISEC, Inc. has decided that its comprehensive 3½-hour certification examination requires a detailed assessment (including written responses) of an applicant's knowledge. Thus, monitoring of answers is necessary.
How can one take the CISEC Certification Examination after Completing the On-Line Training Program?
Soon after registering for the On-Line training modules, you should submit an application (Link to Proctor Page) for CISEC, Inc. to evaluate your qualifications to sit for the exam. If approved, you will be able to sit for the test during an “exam day” held about once every three months at selected nationwide locations. Approved applicants can also sit for the test wherever an In-Person CISEC Program is presented.
Should you have any questions about what is presented, please contact us: